As the health care industry swiftly moves toward value-based care and reimbursement, organizations are putting a priority on revenue cycle management technology to help them manage their business.
In this episode of The Cerner Podcast, Jeff Hurst, senior vice president of Revenue Cycle Management and president of RevWorks at Cerner, discusses how aligning clinical, financial and operational data can improve patient outcomes and reduce cost. Previously, Jeff was the senior vice president of finance at Florida Hospital where he directed all financial and clinical revenue cycle functions.
In this episode, Jeff answers the following questions:
- As a leader in revenue cycle management, you’ve seen a great deal of change in our industry the past few years. The onset of value based care and new payment models are compelling many health care organizations to transform how they manage the revenue cycle. What are some fundamental steps organizations should take today to build a sustainable business model for tomorrow?
- As more organizations prepare for the next era of health care reform – in what ways can revenue cycle management services support this effort?
- In your experience, what are some of the business challenges that motivate organizations to consider outsourcing their revenue cycle management operations?
- The term ‘outsourcing’ has historically been a sensitive term, as many organizations believe that means losing control of their operations. Do you see a shift in this perception over time?
- Many people don’t realize is that outsourcing can take several forms besides full business office management, dependent on the business need. Describe some examples of different kinds of outsourcing agreements, and the short-term and long-term benefits they can provide.