With all the transformation occurring in the health care industry, IT leaders need to develop strategy that enables its organizations to be more agile, productive and innovative to deliver tangible results.
Dr. Tom Selva, chief medical information officer at University of Missouri Health Care, who also serves as the medical director for the Tiger Institute, discusses how to choose the right strategic IT projects in episode 4 of The Cerner Podcast.
In this episode, Dr. Selva answers five questions:
- In your view, what is the importance of a cohesive, connected information technology system?
- Different departments often have different IT agendas and disparate funding streams. How do you bring all of these entities together under one comprehensive system?
- Considering multiple organizations are involved in this process, what are the essential steps to develop a defined IT governance process?
- In your experience, how can IT teams demonstrate value from a cohesive effort?
- What is your advice to health systems looking to implement a cogent information technology (IT) governance structure?
Listen to Dr. Selva's episode below, and never miss a podcast by following Cerner on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn!